Monday 10 November 2014

my hobby

As part of the November blog challenges, we have to write a post on our hobby. The hobby i picked is reading.
Many teenagers dont like to read, or just dont say that they do. but many people do actually read - whether they admit it or not.
i have always loved reading, even before i was able to myself. My family would read to me when i was young, and i saw them constantly buying books and reading - it runs in the family. my aunts gave me the first books i ever properly read myself, Jacqueline Wilson ones i admit, but they got me into reading myself. i was about seven then, and i soon started reading Enid Blighton novels, Roald Dahl, and many others avidly. i went to the library and read The Twins at St.Clares, Malory Towers, the Trebizon books, all the books my mam and aunts passed down to me. When i was in about fifth class i got into fantasy books and went through six books a week. I began reading classics when i was around twelve, starting with A Christmas Carol and going through to Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte. more recently i read the Game of thrones novels, and The Green Mile, by Stephen King.
reading has always been something important to me as its a way of escape. i have lived a thousand lives as the characters in these books, i have done thousands of things alongside them. Youre transported from your home and swept up in romance, mystery, adventure, violence - whatever it is that you want. Reading was something I did if i wanted to escape from an uncomfortable situation. for example if i was away from home and felt homesick i'd read a book in which the main character felt homesick. it was something to reassure myself that i wasn't alone in feeling that way, and i still do it today. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the topic but your grammar needs work. Mwah x x x

    ReplyDelete